South Africans living in townships ,rural areas and squatter camps often use dangerous, unsafe energy alternatives, hence the idea and importance to introduce the use of Gas to this segment of the domestic energy market. The primary task was to launch gas as an alternative source of energy to a market that is unfamiliar with the product and considers it unsafe and unaffordable.
Solution /Strategic Insights
A 3-pronged strategy and approach was developed with the following as key features;
- Conducted live cooking demonstrations by popular Soweto eateries using gas.
- Hinged all Advertising and PR around a known and credible endorser – Sis May from the popular TV Sitcom S’Gud is ‘Nice
- Instituted and rolled out Edu-promos in key public areas such as community halls, shopping centers etc. To give ordinary consumers the opportunity to learn about and use gas.
- Radio, print, and outdoor advertising.
- Industrial theatre and Edu promos.
- Tactical branding; POS, banners, leaflets, branded vehicles